GENERAL COURSE OBJECTIVES:
- To understand the concepts of project planning and organization, budgeting and control, project communications, and project life cycles.
- To learn concepts related to organizational work flow including the staffing process, project planning elements, and the project plan contents and project communications.
- To master several basic project scheduling techniques including WBS, CPM, PERT, GANTT CHARTS, and resource constrained scheduling.
- To understand the related concepts of organizational forms, conflict resolution, and issues related to leadership and task management in a project environment.
- To improve written and oral communication skills through formal writing assignments and group discussions.
- To become familiar with Microsoft Project in performing simple project management tasks
The methods employed to achieve course objectives will include ( as necessary):
- Class notes and other reading material in the Learning Area highlighting critical course material
- Textbook reading
- Threaded discussions on the Web.
- Cases selected to bring out important concepts and familiarity with tools
- Some reading assignments from sources other than the textbook
- Homework assignments, quizzes, etc
You should visit the Project Management Institute (PMI) at www.pmi.org to find out more about the fastest growing professional organization in the country.