By the time you finish this unit, you should be able:
- Explain what a project is and how it differs from everyday activities
- Identify and explain the main characteristics of projects
- Discuss the goals of project management
- Delineate the different stages of project life cycle and the corresponding management decisions associated with each stage
- Discuss the main causes of project failure
Understand the purpose of project management maturity models and the process of benchmarking in organizations.
Identify the relevant maturity stages that organizations go through to become proficient in their use of project management techniques