In this unit we will discuss the need for project selection and justification, the techniques available to managers and go through some examples.
At the end of the unit you should be able to:
- Identify and discuss the main steps in selecting and justifying projects
- Evaluate and justify different project selection models
- Apply the selection techniques in example situations
- Identify and describe the components of the project portfolio process
- Describe the project maturity model, the usefulness of the model and the main components