The materials in this unit correspond to Chapter 6 of the Pinto textbook.
After completing this unit, students will be able to:
- Identify the steps involved in project team building.
- Explain the characteristics of effective project teams and why teams fail.
- Describe the stages in the development of groups.
- Describe how to achieve cross-functional cooperation in teams.
- Discuss the advantages and challenges of project teams.
- Identify the different conflict types, the nature of conflict and evaluate conflict response methods.
- Understand the importance of negotiation skills in project management.