The scope statement is a document that typically includes the following sections:
- goals/objectives and performance criteria on cost, schedules, timelines, go/no-go decision points, major deliverables etc
- project management plan organizational structure, teams, reporting relationships, roles and responsibilities (see Responsibility Assignment Matrix under Techniques)
- monitoring & controlling work processes & analyzing impact of changes – change procedures, approval mechanisms, budget changes etc.
- a work breakdown structure- a tool for breaking down (or grouping of) project deliverables, sub-deliverables, and work packages. WBS is discussed later under Techniques.
- Scope Baseline-summary document on goals, objectives, schedules, budgets